I just found out that I was hit by (a) coffeemug, who said I should write 20 random facts about myself, and then tag the same amount of people as the number of minutes it took me to complete the list.
- I used to be a heavy smoker, belching out 1 1/2 to 2 packs of Marlboro Lights Menthol on most days. Then I decided I wanted a baby, so I quit cold turkey. I'm glad to say I haven't gone back to the habit.
- A genius film director once told me he would like to film my then budding love life in black and white. I thought it was a fabulous idea at that time. Now I'm just wistful.
- I am a comics fan, I have a 10kg FedEx box of them under my bed, and some near my bed on rotation-reading.
- I will not eat squash voluntarily, but I will cook it for someone else.
- One riotous summer while on vacation south of Negros, I made out with a blond-haired, green-eyed guy. He was Swiss as cheese, and charming as the devil.
- I make a mean paella, be it negra or tomato based.
- My secret vice is poetry, both to read and write. I don't think I can ever give it up.
- I have moles all over my face, like a constellation of stars. I've been thinking about having some of those moles obliterated; who knows, that might jumpstart my karma.
- I went to the hospital alone at 2AM, on board a taxi to give birth to my second baby. That was how I learned that hospitals don’t allow self-admission of patients. I also learned the depth of my courage.
- I recycle paper, plastic, and jam jars.
- Nobody knows it, but I was part of a rondalla group in elementary (oh, geek out!). We had a brilliant music teacher, but I always suspected she was just a little bit deranged.
- I listened to George Michael, Elton John, Madonna, and Duran Duran in high school. I can gay it up with the best of 'em.
- An ex boyfriend once forbade me to wear shorts to school. This was in college, and that was the end of the relationship.
- I love the smell of gin, because I have a particularly lovely bit of nostalgia attached to it.
- I've had a couple of brown-robed monks praying for me.
- A nun once left me with bruises along the soft flesh of my arm after a really over-zealous session of acupressure.
- The untimely demise of Gigabyte, my pet river turtle, taught me a valuable lesson in responsibility. He died because I forgot to come back from what was supposed to be a three-day vacation.
- I took up snorkeling to overcome my fear of the open water. Next, I want to try bungee-jumping.
- I had a memorable experience with pot once: we were in Mindanao country, the people were bored, the stash was potent. I think I got so high I couldn't stop laughing all night, and the next day I woke up tired and aching all over.
- If I had a baby girl I would have named her Zoë Ysabella.
those work interruptions, it took me fifteen-some minutes to pull this out of
the hat, but I will only
infect tag three people: snow, the gurl as a verb, and
gurl on peacepond. Get to it, lovely ladies.